Quality Time with Loved Ones & Volunteering

Afternoon class yesterday was cancelled on last minute notice, so Ed & I decided to find a nice quiet place to "hang out". We went to tcc @The Keppel Bay. We had a yummy lunch & spent a long lazy afternoon there, doing some light reading (Ed was reading the papers, while I was reading a very good book "Eat, Pray, Love") & enjoying the beautifully peaceful scenery & environment at the same time. Of course we chit-chatted quite a bit too la :) I must say this is one very luxuriously rare Saturday afternoon for Ed & I, & we're really glad there're still such quiet & idyllic "hideaway" on a busy weekend in Singapore :)
September, no doubt been busy, but I still managed to still some time to spend some quality time with my family. 5th September (Sat) after MAAD, we celebrated my parents' 33rd Wedding Anniversary together! My dad is so sweet lo... he actually arranged for a SURPRISE PARTY @K-Box, Kallang Leisure Park for my unsuspecting mum! & so we were all there singing many golden oldies with my folks. It was fun! Oh, & I bought a pair of couple tees for them :) Really happy for my parents. I wish Ed & I can be as sweet as them, even many years down the road... :)
7th September (Mon) was my mother-in-law's birthday. Since Ed didn't have to work that day, we decided to give her a surprise too ;) We (Ed, my mum & I) went to her work place to meet her for a late lunch after my morning class, & literally "kidnapped" her from her work! :P hehe... no la, we applied 1/2 day leave on her behalf la :) Brought her to one of her favourite place, where she hasn't been to for a long time already - Mount Faber. Her father used to bring the whole family there to enjoy the scenery. She was indeed thrilled when we were up there, just like a little girl! After that we brought her to Sakae for a tepan yaki dinner (her 1st time too!). My dad, my sister-in-law & her hubby joined us after work too. It was a wonderful outing indeed. :)

Ed & I recently signed up as volunteers with "Food from the Heart" (FFTH). We help to deliver leftover bread from bakeries to New Hope Community Service Home @Andrews Avenue. Every Saturday late night thus has now become our new routine to have a nice car-ride together as well. :) FFTH always needs volunteers & there are various types of "tasks" for us to choose from, depending on our life-style & commitment level. So there's definitely something which u can help in. So do check out their official website to see how u can help. You can make this volunteering work a meaningful family/couple outing, just like how it all works out perfectly for Ed & I ;)

No comments: