Steaming Hot & Yummy Mee Suah

Last week had been extremely nerve-wrecking & fingers-cramping. It was a mad rush, trying to finish up my work & also preparing for other nitty gritty things like tagging & framing. Luckily Jeff (my frame guy) has been superbly efficient & helpful in agreeing to help me do so many last minute job :P Thanx, Jeff!
When we reached the Arts House Foyer last Friday, the Technicians were busy tearing down the previous artist's exhibits of 10 big posters. When all the posters were down, I couldn't help but felt an overwhelming rush of excitement & stress, coz suddenly the Foyer is so bare & HUGE!!! Now I'm worried my tiny work will be totally swallowed up by the space!
So we quickly got down to work... I did a few quick sketches to show the helpful Technicians where I want which specific artwork. We also discussed about the general setting & layout before we get down to serious work... Thank goodness all was smooth & well. I also have to securely tack all my little creations down to the pedestals so Mary & Sheila can have a peace in mind, & not have to continuously re-arrange my stuff. Guess what? My worry could not have been proven more relevant! There was an "earthquake" on Sunday, when the whole pedestal, which my Knotty Ele friends are resting on, was knocked over by a clumsy passerby & my whole work fell onto the marble floor with a BIG BOOM! Well, good news is that it's proven how shock-proof my works are! Iyo... sure hope this is a 1-off bizarre accident!
The space is indeed too big for my petite work, & there isn't much wall space to hang my paintings, so I had to plan for new things to work on the layout. Returned on Saturday again to put up more stuff. Luckily I still got 1more week before official opening to work on the space. Ganbatte ne!
Jiahui, my sis's boyfriend, came over to help me take some shots of the products. Will need them for Knotty Bicsie's official website. He LOVES photography & he's a great photographer, you'll see! ;)

Now I would say Mee Suah is 90% ready to be served! Left 1more floor piece, which hopefully will be a surprise for everyone... 
It's a finally count down....

Special thanks to Von, the Creative Director of The Arts House, who's conceptualized & realized this 1-year project to showcase selected designers of the Shop. This solo exhibition is indeed a dream come true for me & I believe many other designers too! Thank you so much, Von! You go gal! ;D

7 comments:

Ayako said...

Looks really cool and exciting !
looking forward to see your creations on the opening ^__^

Seline said...

i wish i was there to view your pieces...arghh

Knotty Bicsie said...

Don't worry, Seline, my sis's bf making a VR of the exhibition for me! I'll definitely post it up here after the opening once itz ready :)

Knotty Bicsie said...

ya, I'm excited too! Anyway, I'll cya tmr nite over dinner 1st la ;P

kOoKy pLuM said...

ooo looks nice... i'm aching coz of sports injuries lol... oh a video of it.. good good den i also can watch...

Enchanted Barry said...

hihi... could i have a small photo of the your artwork - Passion?

Thanks for the warm hospitality.

Knotty Bicsie said...

Thanx for loving my work so much, Enchanted Riddick! Well, I believe u've already found what you want :)