SMILE, & the world SMILES :)))

Just wanna share the following article I came across in Martha Stewart's "Living" magazine...
"Happiness is contagious, according to researchers James H. Fowler of the University of Califonia - San Diego & Nicholas A. Christakis of Harvard Medical School. Best of all, it spreads far. Fowler describes their recent research & its implications.

How do you "catch" happiness?
Happiness, like flu, spreads through social networks. If your friends are happy, you're more likely to be happy. When something good happens to someone, the resulting happiness radiates outward like ripples on a pond. We traced the effect out to three degrees of separation - not just friends of a friend but their friends, as well. That means even strangers influence your happiness.

Should we cultivate happy friends?
The more generous thing to do is cultivate your own happiness. Now that I know my mood affects not just my wife but her friends & their friends, & not just my son but his friends & beyond, I listen to some of my favourite songs on the way home from work to boost my mood. We're all connected in ways we never imagined before."

- Reported by Petra Guglielmetti & Peter Jaret

I always believe we can be & should be committed to be a happy person for ourselves & everyone around us, especially our love ones, who mean so much to us. How about you? Are you ready to join me today? Why not start with a SMILE... :)

No comments: